Tuesday, December 17, 2013

From the Pool of Siloam to the Temple

I have added a new feature to my blog. If you would like to be informed by email as I make a new post, you can enter it into the address bar above, and you will be alerted

In studying the Pool of Siloam, I did not much consider its relationship to the temple until I came across this amazing animation done by a group of architects from UCLA. The Pool of Siloam would have been at the bottom of the staircase depicted. It may have been one of the several Jewish Mikvah's or ritualistic cleansing baths used before entering the temple compound. Remember to click on the red link to see the actual animation. It takes a minute or two to load up, but I thought it was fascinating. I just put a few clips of the animation below in case your computer doesn't like animations.

.


Is that Wilson's Arch we see depicted? Watch for Wilson's Arch in a later post.


No comments:

Post a Comment